This 2800 sq ft 3BR and 2BA custom built log home located at the base of the south mountain rests on over 4 acres. The home was constructed in 2008 by builders from Colorado for a discerning local resident. If you like wood, ceramic tile, granite and metal this is a great home. The covered wrap around porch on the lower level and between the lower and main floor balcony allows the owner to enjoy the natural surroundings of the forest while out of the elements. Entering the home on the main floor the owner enjoys the very open floor plan with the custom eat in kitchen with granite counters, stainless steel appliances to include electric stainless steel wall oven and side by side refrigerator/freezer, stand-alone facsimile old gas cook stove and oven lookalike, and a center island with cabinet storage and stools for sitting at a casual eating area. The hardwood floor covered living room to the front of the home includes large energy efficient windows which provide abundant natural light to brighten the floor to ceiling double sided, glass door covered stone fireplace, providing a heat source to the Living Room and Kitchen simultaneously. The loft above the kitchen and living room on the main level is accessed by a side stair case in the Living Room. Superior basement walls along with large family room with wood stove and 3rd bedroom are located in the lower foundation area and lowest level of this home. This area can be accessed from the exterior or the interior of the home from a staircase e located in the Living Room. The windows and glass door entrance brighten this lower level with natural light. The lower level includes a large storage room with shelving along with a propane fired instant hot water heater and groundwater thermal heating system that provides heat to the floors of the main level and air conditioning to the log home. Access to the large master bedroom with walk-in closet and master bath is done from the living room. The laundry room, hall bath and 2nd of 3 bedrooms can is accessed from the hallway off the kitchen or directly from the large 37~ X 31~ garage entrance to the home. The home comes with a whole house Generac~ generator. Additionally the exterior of the home includes a large 60~ X 42~ workshop/garage metal building with separate heat and bathroom. Plenty or room to store the toys of the family. There are two wells and separate septic for the shop and the house. This is a great property for the person looking for a quality built custom log home in a secluded and peaceful location with access to Carlisle and Shippensburg in less than 30 minutes.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached
Tankless Water Heater, LP Gas Water Heater, Well
Log, Mason, Stone, Concrete
2,748 sq. ft
Yes - 8 spaces
Electric service available, Onsite Telephone
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room
- Master Bathroom
- Eat-In Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Microwave, Central Vacuum, Electric Dryer, Washer, Refrigerator, Instant Hot Water, Single Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Appliance Center, Wall Oven
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Concrete, Carpet, Wood
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s), Geo-Thermal
- Electric Heating, Wood, Hot Water. Radiant, Geothermal.
- Partial, Full, Heated, Partially Finished, Walkout
- Casement, Insulated
- 1. Stone, Wood Stove.
- 2+ Access Exits J, 32 Inch Or More Wide Doors, 36 Inch Or More Wide Halls, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Security System, TV Entry System, 24 Hour Security
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, Beamed, High Ceiling, Vaulted
Exterior / Lot Features
- 8 Garage Spaces. Street Parking, Circular Driveway, Paved Driveway, Private.
- Stone, Log, Concrete
- Porch, Deck, Wrap-around Porch, Patio
- Asphalt, Shingle
- Lot View
- Mountain, Trees/Woods
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Fountain, Front Yard. Backs To Trees, Front Yard, Partly Wooded, Rural, Sloping.
Active Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: Bright MLS